COVID-19 outbreak operational update. Thanks so much for your understanding as we implement measures to protect you and our staff while continuing care for your horses. More information and regulatory, requirements are released daily to help prevent the spread of the virus and may alter our operational plan at any time. In addition, we are called to conserve resources needed for the care of those on the human side. Our mission remains to provide the highest level of dental care for your horse, and care for you, in every way we possibly can.
1. We will maintain our regular business hours for the time being. Depending on the situation and workload, this may need to be modified day-to-day.
2. All members of our staff will attempt to limit any potential exposure.
3. We will be available for all appointments. We will do our best to obtain information needed for the appointment by telephone or email prior to your scheduled time.
4. Per the governor's mandate, we will not schedule any new elective surgical procedures until at least April 14, 2020.
5. We will continue to see dental appointments with the understanding this may change based on potential regulatory updates.
6. Please see our summary of the governor's mandate below and how it affects us.
We Need Your Help.
1. If you are sick or under quarantine, please let our staff know right away. a. Please try to have a healthy, non-quarantined person handle your horse for us.
2. Wash your hands and don't touch your face! a. In addition to coughs and sneezes, this virus can potentially be transferred through contact with your pet's fur, credit cards, pens, papers, etc. b. Do not touch your face and wash your hands frequently.
4. Social distance a. Keep a distance of at least 6 feet between you and other people whenever possible. b. Please refrain from all unnecessay social contact. This is for your protection as well as ours.
5. Communication a. We will utilize texting, telephone, and email, for most of our communication. If you need to contact us please use these avenues, even during your pet's visit.
Governor's Executive Order Summary To conserve needed personal protective equipment and supplies needed for overwhelmed human hospitals, the governor has mandated urban veterinary clinics to perform no elective procedures. As a rural practice, we do not fall under this mandate.
We will honor the spirit of the governor's order and will not schedule any appointments, that are not deemed medically necessary, until after April 14th.
Dental and other surgical procedures will continue for now with a case by case evaluation based on need. If you are already scheduled we are planning to perform your horse’s procedure.
In addition the governor is asking for an inventory of the needed supplies we may have. We fully support sharing these materials to help people in need.
With your understanding and your help, we will remain open and do our best to help take care of your horse and you. Please continue to be patient with any of our changes. We respect your time and share your concern for your horse as well as your concern for your fellow man.
Thank you for trusting us with the care of your horse. Together we will all get through this trying time.